how do i build a website for my business or brand? step by step guide for newbie or beginner.
intended audience for this blog post is:
- you never built a website before
- you dont have any web development experience or knowledge
- you want to build a website for your business or brand
i am going to walk you through the simplest possible way to get your website up and running within few hours, for your business or brand or just for yourself like a profile page.
when we say building a website we need to have the followings:-
- domain name
first, you should register the domain name for your website, there are many domain registrants available, personally i prefer namecheap, they are cheaper, as well as they have better domain management, we will come back to that in detail in another post, mean time, when we buy a domain, we need to configure the domain to point to hosting, so this domain management is very important for newbies, , and they have very easy registration process.
once you have your domain purchased, you need a hosting to run the website from, that brings us to second part of the blog:
please note: if you are buying hosting from Midphase, skip the domain purchase step, as they provide one free domain with hosting you purchase, which will do all the necessary configurations with the hosting for you. i recommend this path.
this is the where a people will get lost, and end up hiring professionals to do the work for them and end up paying huge sum, to make it worse the hired professionals might make the things complicated and forever you are on their hook, this doesn’t have to be this complicated.
buy hosting from MidPhase which i use personally, they have very good support team, they reply back with solution almost immediately.
- when you have purchased the hosting, you will receive the email from hosting company containing the login details for your hosting account
- if you have purchased domain from other than hosting company itself, then you need to configure the domain such a way it knows where its hosting is, that instruction will come with the welcome mail, or take support desk help, they are friendly and does this for us.
- login to your hosting account and there you will find “softaculous” there you will find “wordpress” in the right side navigator menu, select wordpress and press install
- once you have your domain pointed to hosting, wordpress installed for the domain, you are ready with the website, now you need to configure your website.
depending upon the requirement, you select the look and feel of your website with the tons of wordpress themes available for free, if you need very customized website, i would suggest woothemes, they are very good.
now you have a shiny website for your business / brand.
diamontip.com / rantsonsoftware.com / shanmugaraja.info are all running under wordpress and with the same hosting i recommend.